Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Monday, September 7, 2009

Fearless

By Max Lucado

Max’s words, as always, are compelling and challenging. After at lest 25 books, his words still stir my soul and bring hope.

At the time I started this book, I thought I had few fears. Reading down the list of chapters in the table of contents nixed that illusion. Fear comes in many forms. Most are based on circumstances such as loss of income, being alone, terrorist attack and, most of all, death.

However, Max describes the basis of all fear. Early in the book, he uses the story of Jesus calming the sea in the midst of a raging storm (Mark 4), to reveal our greatest fear. (I won’t spoil it by giving away Max’s explanation. Read the book. ;-)

In these times plagued by fearful possibilities, this book is a guiding light back to faith and hope. (Besides, you gotta love the adorable cover!)

Check out the web site: http://thefearlesstimes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment